Help wanted: Civil Engineer
We’re looking for someone who loves infrastructure! Specifically, someone who would like to transition into project management for municipal projects such as drinking water and sanitary sewer. Position responsibilities:
- Provide technical planning, design and construction support on various municipal projects that may include sewers, water mains, pump station, water treatment, stormwater, hydraulic analysis, and/or other wastewater projects
- Attend client, public, project and staff meetings including client progress, plan review, pre-construction, etc.
- Assist project managers and promote sales and conduct business development activities to cultivate new and existing client relationships in the local municipal and transportation market
- Additional duties include:
- reviewing scope, budget, and schedule of new project tasks
- proposal preparation
- training of younger staff
- engineering calculations and supporting analysis of alternatives
- feasibility, design reports and construction plans using local and state standards
- plans and specifications
- permit submittals
- preliminary project cost estimates and evaluate quantities
Minimum ten (10) years of progressive work experience in the Civil Engineering field and State of Michigan professional engineer’s license. Experience working (studies, design and construction) with varying funding mechanisms and formats including MEDC CDBG, USDA, DWRF, SRF, etc.
Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering and/or Environmental from an accredited college or university and possess a Professional Engineers License in the State of Michigan. Proficient in hydraulic modeling programs including WaterCAD / GEMS, SewerCAD. Proficient in Microsoft Office.